When you’re working up a sweat hiking, biking, or running, the last thing you want is to worry about having enough water. That’s why you need one of these hydration bladders. They make it a breeze to tote plenty of refreshing liquid to keep you going, which you access by way of a tube for convenience. We’ve selected both large and small models to cover all kinds of trips.
10. Wacool 3 Liter Hydration Bladders
- 1 10. Wacool 3 Liter Hydration Bladders
- 2 9. HydraPak Shape-Shift Hydration Bladders
- 3 8. CamelBak Eddy Adapter Hydration Bladders
- 4 7. MSR Dromedary Hydration Bladders
- 5 6. CamelBak Mil Spec Antidote Hydration Bladders
- 6 5. Osprey Hydraulics 1.5 Liter Hydration Bladders
- 7 4. CamelBak Crux Hydration Bladders
- 8 3. Geigerrig Pressurized Hydration Engine Hydration Bladders
- 9 2. Deuter Streamer 2.0 Hydration Bladders
- 10 1. Platypus Big Zip Evo Hydration Bladders
The Wacool 3 Liter doesn’t come from a big name in outdoor gear, but that also means it doesn’t have a premium price tag, making it great for anyone on a tight budget. It is available in single- and double-opening styles as well as in two colors.
- Simple but effective
- Not protected from uv rays
- Bite valve can be finicky
9. HydraPak Shape-Shift Hydration Bladders
The innovative HydraPak Shape-Shift offers an unusual design that can expand to hold more when you need it to. It does so by way of a baffle that unzips to accommodate an extra liter, so you can take it on long expeditions.
- Very lightweight
- Safe for the dishwasher
- Hard to turn inside out for cleaning
8. CamelBak Eddy Adapter Hydration Bladders
For an alternative solution to your water needs when out and about, try the CamelBak Eddy Adapter . It turns several of the company’s popular bottles into hands-free dispensers. Note that it doesn’t come with a bottle, though.
- Tube is 28 inches long
- Imparts no flavor
- Backed by lifetime guarantee
7. MSR Dromedary Hydration Bladders
The MSR Dromedary is much better than bulky, disposable bottles for long trips. Its lining boasts a safe, BPA-free coating, while the exterior is made from a rugged 1,000-denier fabric that can take some abuse. You can even freeze it.
- Huge 10-liter model available
- Totally flat when empty
- Strong plastic taste at first
6. CamelBak Mil Spec Antidote Hydration Bladders
Just a glimpse at the rugged CamelBak Mil Spec Antidote tells you this is an option that means business. You can count on fast refills with its large opening, and a hassle-free closure, thanks to a quarter-turn cap that can’t be overtightened.
- Insulated tube cover
- One-handed drinking
- Can leak if pressure is put on lid
5. Osprey Hydraulics 1.5 Liter Hydration Bladders
The Osprey Hydraulics 1.5 Liter is sized perfectly for short jaunts. Its shape and relatively small capacity help it slide into most lumbar packs, keeping weight off your shoulders, while the chevron baffles give it stability and a flat profile.
- Twist on-off switch
- Sternum strap magnet
- Completely lead and phthalate free
4. CamelBak Crux Hydration Bladders
Some bladders can be awkward to fill and use, but not the CamelBak Crux , which avoids any potential issues with a thoughtful design. The “Big Bite” valve is an especially nice touch, as it seals after every sip to stop drips.
- Ergonomic handle
- Resists growth of bacteria
- Poor fit in older camelbak packs
3. Geigerrig Pressurized Hydration Engine Hydration Bladders
You can certainly sip from the Geigerrig Pressurized Hydration Engine but, true to its name, it offers a bulb that lets the reservoir deliver a powerful flow. This means you can quickly fill a pot for cooking or spray yourself to cool down.
- Filter available separately
- Slide-top closure
- Reversible for easy cleaning
2. Deuter Streamer 2.0 Hydration Bladders
The Deuter Streamer 2.0 has no fancy features, but it’s this simplicity that makes it both a cinch to use and a reliable choice that allows you to hit the trail without worrying about leaks. It promises to impart no odor or flavor to your water.
- A push-shut cap
- Wide top for easy filling
- Bpa-free construction
1. Platypus Big Zip Evo Hydration Bladders
When you’re really thirsty, you don’t want to be stuck with only a trickle of water. That’s not a problem for the Platypus Big Zip Evo , which offers a fast-flow, self-sealing valve that will let you wet your whistle generously.
- Made in the usa
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Choice of three sizes